STEEL GARDEN OFFICE
STEEL GARDEN OFFICE Offices & Canteens
A2Z of STEEL GARDEN OFFICE
STEEL GARDEN OFFICE 10ft / 3.3m x 2.3m (2014) (On display in Offices & Canteens » New)
STEEL GARDEN OFFICE 14ft/ 4.3m x 2.3m (2014) (On display in Offices & Canteens » New)
STEEL GARDEN OFFICE 7 1/2ft / 2.3m x 2.3m (2014) (On display in Offices & Canteens » New)
Save on space and money
Containers Direct now stock a range of flat pack steel garden offices which are a great alternative to wood or brick built garden buildings. The steel garden office arrives flat packed, is man portable and is ideal for erecting in previously inaccessible locations.
The units have a simple assembly
each of which will take around 60 minutes and the only tools needed are a socket spanner set.
Do I need Planning Permission?
In most cases, you don't need planning permission for a steel garden office in your garden. In planning law, garden offices are fundamentally temporary buildings and do not have permanent foundations, like your house. Being below 2.5m at the highest point, the Garden office range has been developed to be within the ODPM (Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) guidelines.
Although you are unlikely to require planning permission for your steel garden office, these key questions are a good rule of thumb: You need to seek planning permission if:
- You live in a conservation area or your home is a listed building, flat or apartment
- You wish to locate your steel garden office within 5 metres of your home or it takes up more than 50% of your garden space
- You want to locate your steel garden office between your home and the highway ie in your front garden or if you expect a large number of visitors to your garden office
If you answer yes to any of these questions, we recommend a quick check with your local authority, or look over the Governments Planning Portal for more information.
Features of the steel garden office
- Manufactured from galvanized steel, the garden office has attractive smooth paneling, finished in a powder coated paint- moss green (RAL 6005) on the outside and an off white (RAL 9002) on the inside
- The unit has a guttered roof and features one double glazed uPVC window fitted as standard
- All units are fully insulated for comfort
- The interior of the garden office is pleasantly light and airy with a durable and smart wall finish - suitable for surface mounted electrics
- Once assembled the unit can be moved by crane/forklift or demounted back into its neat flat-pack form for storage purposes
- Modular - steel garden offices can be linked side to side or end to end to provide larger units at any time after initial assembly
External height 2345mm
Electric services pack available
Pack consists of:
- consumer unit
- external CEE plug & socket
- one double 13 amp socket
- one light fitting
- one light switch
- one fused switch
- 10m * 1.5mm cable
- 10m * 2.5mm cable
- 3m * 16mm and 3m * 25mm self adhesive trunking
- one 2kW convector heater
If you would like to view any of our products, please get in touch and we will arrange a viewing time for you.