40FT NEW SHIPPING CONTAINERS
ISO certification - the CSC plateAll shipping containers are built in accordance with ISO regulations, to maintain safety and compatibility for shipping. New containers are issued with a CSC plate to certifying them as fit for export journeys. This certification lasts for five years from the date of production, and will need maintaining for further export after this date. However, if you are using the container for storage or a conversion project, this is not necessary.
Definition of a new shipping container in the UKDue to high manufacturing costs, new build shipping containers are no longer manufactured in the UK, therefore the domestic container industry defines a new shipping container as a 'one trip container'. The one trip container is built overseas and shipped to the UK loaded with cargo, to pay for the transportation costs. This brings the cost of a new container down for the buyer, so it is normal for there to be some cosmetic signs of handling present, but this will not effect the structure and performance of the container in anyway.
New 40ft containers available from Containers DirectWe hold stocks of these, ready for immediate dispatch in key strategic locations nationwide, which ensures a cost effective and speedy delivery for our customers, wherever they live. Our major supplier depots are located in: Birmingham, Bristol, Burton upon Trent, Glasgow, Felixstowe, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester and Southampton
New 40ft shipping containers for storageContainers Direct offer a range of services and accessories to customise your container for its usage. Containers used for storage are not bound by ISO regulation, so there are a number of options available to make storing your goods hassle free . Please specify which options you require when ordering from the following range:
- Extra doors - choose from our own manufactured S1 (£550) and S3 (£720) doors, or steel personnel doors, (£550), positioned anyway on the container you require.
- Tunnel-tainers - add a extra door on the opposite end for a handy container that opens both ends
- Ply Lining - adding a plywood lining with insulating material will protect stored items such as paperwork, textiles and household furniture from moisture damage (from £1700). For containers used in food preparation, we recommend melamine lining - hygienic, wipe clean and bordered with plastic trim (£2218.75).
- Repainting with durable specialist container paint - blue and green are available as standard, but any colour from the RAL chart can be selected if for instance you wish to match your brand/corporate colours (from £350)
- Shelving - organise your contents and utilise all the space in your container
- Grafotherm - to control damp and condensation problems within metal containers. (£350)
- We offer a variety of ramps for containers - car ramps. heavy duty ramps, lightweight ramps, hinged ramps and bespoke builds. A range of sizes are also available. Cost from £205 plus VAT
All new containers for storage come with a tamper proof steel lock box with option to purchase top quality container padlock (£35)