Cut and Shut Containers
The container modifications team at Containers Direct specialise in producing Cut and Shut containers. Cut and Shuts are a method to produce containers in non-standard sizes, for instance 10fts, 15fts, 30fts. Our method of production gives unbeatable strength when lifting extra heavy loads, or stacking containers, whether it's for storage or conversions.
What's the difference between a Cut and Shut and a Cut Down?
Cut and Shut
- The container is cut to the required size and the original end wall is welded back
- The original container doors are retained
- The corner posts and corner castings are retained
- Containers can be stacked
- Suitable for use with twist locks for stacking
- Increased weight tolerance for lifting when loaded*
- The container is cut to required size and a new end wall, or new doors, are fabricated and welded on
- At least one set of corner posts and corner castings are lost
- Not suitable for stacking
- Not suitable for use with twist locks
- Unsuitable for lifting when loaded
- Unsuitable for shipping
- If a container is ordered without a repaint, the welding work will be 'flashed' in a similar colour, we cannot guarantee this will be the exact same shade as the rest of the container.
If you are unsure which option is best suited to your requirements, our Sales Advisors will be able to help you decide.