The basicsRefrigerated containers - also known as reefers - are ISO shipping containers with an integral refrigeration unit, which allows for the transportation of temperature sensitive cargo. ISO containers are built to extremely high standards to be robust and endure the demands of transportation by road, rail and sea. They rely on a power from a land based site, but can be powered in transit by a diesel powered generator which attaches to the container. Refrigerated containers can be used for either storage or shipping.
Common uses of refrigerated containers
- Storage/ transportation of perishable goods ie, food, drink, flowers
- Storage/transportation for the meat trade
- Storage/transportation for the catering industry
- To reduce the hazards of storing/transporting temperature sensitive chemicals
Specifications of refrigerated containers
- Temperature range of +25C to -25C
- Runs on environmentally friendly refrigerant gas
- Hygienic , easy to clean stainless steel interior to conform to food hygiene standards
- Internal lighting
- Built in panic alarm
- Double locking end doors with secure locking bars and optional anti-tamper lock box
Refrigerated container sizes and available modificationsWe can provide refrigerated units in standard shipping container sizes of 20ft or 40ft in length by 8ft wide and 8ft 6in high. Please enquire if you require an alternative size, as we specialise in providing cut down containers. We can also modify refrigerated containers to your specific cold storage needs - ie side doors, additional doors, repainting.
Refrigerated containers, also known as ISO containers, are designed to transport temperature sensitive goods by road, rail or sea.