Roof Platforms for Shipping Containers
What can you use a shipping container roof platform for?We've completed a number of client projects that include a roof platform for a variety of purposes including:
- Roof top bars and restaurants
- Viewing/look-out platforms for sporting events
- Stacked offices
See some of our roof platform case studies:
This custom built pop-up cocktail bar was finished off by our client with a grass deck on top of the platform It was used at the Download Festival and will be transported to different locations for other festival-goers to enjoy their drinks too!
Find out more about pop-up containers for food and drink
The technical side - all you need to know about roof platforms
- Our platforms can only be added to ISO containers - we can add platforms to cut down units or new builds but they must be "cut and shut" containers OR built with full corner castings.
- They are made using box section steel and 3mm durbar steel for the flooring. We usually repaint the platforms in black but other colours are an option upon request.
- The platforms themselves will have corner castings added to the bottom rails which can then secured to the below/bottom container using industry standard twist locks. Please ask our sales team for prices for twist locks to be added to your order.
- The hand rails are 1100mm in height (as standard) but can be built higher upon request. Gaps between the rails are 100mm to comply with industry regulations.
Reaching the platform can be done with a container staircase - please ask our sales team for prices!
Shipping container roof platforms from start to finish!
Testimonials"Quick and clear!! Did exactly what they said they would and did it in the time given, a rarity these days."
From Arctic Cabins Ltd
"Your services from start to finish were 1st class. We would highly recommend your company in the future."
From JWM Storage